Advertisements
Advertisements
Unfortunately there is not as much research on Meth as there has been on other drugs like Crack. We did a LOT of research and decided to walk away from a possible Meth situation because of the lack of research. The research that is out there shows most of the problems are behavioral and occur when the child enters the preschool environment.
In fact, young toddlers exposed to meth can actually be BETTER behaved.....I will look for that information for you. I also know people who know meth exposed toddlers and agree this is true. The problems (if there are any) come up during early socialization.
With many drugs early use affects the kids more physically (organ development etc.) and late term use more behaviorally.
I"m so sorry about the disrupted match that must have been a horrible experience. I would personally be encouraged that the use was limited and the Mom is in a safe, supportive environment during most of pregnancy. PM me if you want to chat as I have some more to add but prefer to do it privately.