Advertisements
Advertisements
Our DS was prenatally exposed to meth for most of the first trimester (was not born addicted and did not test for anything). Our match was super fast (he was born 1.5 weeks after meeting bmom for the first time) and we did not receive all the medical history until after he was born. Therefore we did not know his meth history until after we had first laid eyes on him. I do not know if it would have made a difference if we had known with enough time to make an informed rather than emotional decision.
He was born a healthy weight with great APGAR scores, he has had no problems, hits all his developmental milestones on target or early. Seems to have a killer immune system. He is 14 months old and has only had one minor cold. He is very social.
I do understand that when he enters preschool that other behavioral or learning disabilities could show up. But hey I had/have a learning disability and I wasn't exposed to anything in-utero (that I know of). So who knows.
But Stormster is right, it is very difficult to find information about meth effects during pregnancy.