Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Mommy2NoneHopefully1
craftingmama1,
This is my opinion but it seems to me maybe, just MAYBE, they aren't placing these kids with you for their best interests. Just because they would "save a lot of money" doesn't mean it is the correct decision for the CHILD! Maybe your family isn't a good match or able to provide these girls with what they need. I am in Texas & I am adopting thru the Texas system. I have to say, they have gone above & beyond to make a perfect match for our son (which was us), & to make a perfect match for US as well. They aren't perfect & there is never going to be a perfect adoption system, they will always have their flaws, just like any system. But we too would be adopting regardless of the subsidy, but the college tuition & medic-aid, will enable my family to be able to afford ANOTHER child after our son is finalized. Without that we couldn't save for college & adopt a 3rd. the subsidy helps families who are ALREADY going to adopt these children.
I am going to go out on a limb and say that isn't the reason they aren't placing them with us. They barely would have a discussion with us about it, haven't met us or read or records because they have promised the foster to adopt parents they are with that they will get them. THAT IS WRONG! Sorry, That is totally wrong to do without truly considering a family placement over strangers.