Advertisements
Advertisements
looking for my biological father. i only know that i was born at a st. joseph hospital in missouri. mothers name at time of birth was alice jean manley. i was born on 5/24/63
Wow...I was born there in October of 1963 and was also adopted...you're one step ahead with your Bmother's name...I know there's a couple of support groups in the area but haven't attended any of the meetings. Do you live in the area? I'll pass on any good search info I find. Good luck.
Advertisements
i was raised by my birth mother, she never gave me up. but she wont tell me who my father is. all i know is i was born in kansas city at st joseph hospital.
I understand. Although I am an adult adoptee I also can see the other side of the coin. I was pregnant at 19 by a man I didn't love and who was not a very kind person...my son does not know his father either, I was afraid to let the man know about him because I didn't trust him to take care of and be kind and gentle to him "every other weekend". My son finally pushed hard enough for me to tell him when he was 17...after finding out the circumstances and learning about what kind of man he was my son never called on him or brought it up again...I think sometimes mother's instincts can be best. Good luck and I hope God guides you to have what is ever best for you.
i understand your reasons for not wanting to tell your son. as for my mother, i am not sure of why she done the things she did as she will not even talk about it. all i know is she was dating the guy (my biological father) & got pregnant. i know she had a female roommate when she met my stepfather but i do not know if this roommate lived with her during the pregnacy or after, but if i remember right it was during also. however, my stepfather was in the service but was originally from wv so that is why they moved to wv. and when i was 3 he adopted me. i am not sure what is in my mothers mind but she refuses to talk about it, and i think it is more in the way of afraid to hurt my father (my stepfather) than anything. and i am a firm believer that people can change, and no matter how they were at the time, could be a wonderful person now. if not then so be it. i do think that everyone has the right to know who their blood family is. for many reasons. and i hope someone can help me find out who my birthfather is.