Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
shavon
stevenstwin--
Thank you so much for the advice, I was so afraid to even post about it in fear that I would offend somone.
I have looked it up on the internet but really could not find much. I think I will take your and Boulderbabes advice and get him a nice picture of the baby in a frame. And I will be looking around for something with a pentacle or a gpddess sybol (what is that?)
I know what you mean about maybe not being a follower but just playing around with it, that is the impression I got from him when I asked about it. He really couldnt explain it, all he said is it has to do with nature.
On the other hand maybe he just didnt think it was my business how he believed LOL.. He is always wearing black skull shirts and ones that say "born again pegan" I had to get tickled at him because I fugured since he wore it so proudly that it would be okay to ask about it, but when I did he really couldnt answer my question.
I just want to make sure that I dont offend him in any way but still acknowledge (sp? I know that is spelled wrong lol) him if that makes any sense..
Yeah, the fashion choices make his sound a bit more like a "play-gan" LOL - but it's nice you are trying so hard to be supportive. In a nut shell, it is an earth based religion - we believe in a supreme being, but represented by both male and female sides, so often pictured as both a "God" and a "Goddess" (or Lord and Lady). A Goddess symbol could be anything related to mother earth etc.- or think Greek Goddess kind of thing. Some people understand it better if I say it is similar to Native spiritual beliefs -the ideas that everything is sacred, that nature must be treated with respect, etc. Most of us also believe in reincarnation. If you want some good, basic information on any world religion, I like the website "religioustolerance.org".