Advertisements
Advertisements
Question for those who have been sealed to an adopted child after your own sealing as husband and wife:
If an adoptive couple has already been sealed prior to adoption, do they need a living ordinance recommend prior to having a newly adopted child sealed to them or do they just need their current reccommends and final adoption decree?
Our Temple verbalized that, since my husband and I are already sealed, we just need current recommends and our adoption decree but the confirmation letter they sent said we need a living ordinance recommend. (Do you think this was erroneous? Maybe that is an automatically generated letter that assumes the couple hasn't been sealed yet--that's our Bishop's thought).
I've called the temple 4 times and they verbally say we just need recommend and decree (but then they sent me that letter).
Help! :)
Jennifer
I don't recall having to get any special reccommend. I think the assumption of the letter was that a "family" was being sealed. If you already hold a reccommend you don't need anything other than the decree.
Advertisements
I think so too. Thank you! I just needed to hear it from someone else. So if all goes well, we'll be sealed on December 26th!
I don't remember needing the living ordinance recommend...we did need a group sheet, and the adoption decree. Good luck!
Advertisements
It might be a little late to respond so sorry! We just got sealed to our son last month and we did not need a living ordinance recommend. Congrats on your sealing!
Thanks, everyone! We were indeed sealed on December 26th--no living ordinance recommend required. :)
just a recommend. We had the same issue and our bishop had to write sealing on the living recomend. When we got to the temple, they said we didn't need that
Advertisements
Maybe the living ordinance recommend is required for an older child, above the age of either 8 or 12. But for a child younger than baptismal age I would not think it would be required.