Advertisements
Advertisements
I've recently received my adoption files and it contained information about where my foster parents lived. They fostered me for over a year from when I was 6 weeks old. From the electoral roll I've since found out that they still live in the same house as they did all those years ago.
Has anyone else contacted their foster family, and if so, how did they go about it?
I can't if the best option is to write a letter to make initial contact. I know it's not as delicate a subject as contacting a birth parent as there wouldn't have been any secrecy involved during the time that they were looking after me, but I'm still worried that they wouldn't remember or want to hear from an adult foster child. I'm just wondering whether anyone else has had a successful reunion with a foster parent?
I am a foster parent and would LOVE for my children to one day contact me...either through a letter or knocking on my front door!!! I am sure that they have wondered what your life was like and how you are today!!
2 Liked
and  like this.
Advertisements
I am a foster parent and we love to hear from our foster kids!!! Once they leave our home we are cut out of all information. It's hard for us to search, in most outcomes the foster families are not welcome. If they go back to thier families, usually the families just want to forget about that part of life, if they get adopted by another family, they don't always want to keep in touch with the foster family, and we are not allowed any information. So, yes search!!! I talk to adults that were foster kids and most want to hear from their foster parents. I remember all the names of my foster kids, and I remember funny, sad, horrorfying, or interesting stories about them all.
Blessings!
Thanks for your posts and giving me the courage to make contact with with my foster parents. I sent a letter to the address that I had and I received a reply 2 days later!
They said that they were really happy to hear from me and that I was doing well and that they would try to find any photos or other items that they had from when I was a baby.
I'm really glad that I had the chance to say thank you and possibly the chance of seeing some baby pictures of myself!
I think its great that you want to meet your foster parents! You don't hear too much on reuniting with foster parents! I was in and out of foster homes when i was younger and have to say didnt have to many good expierences, but there were some that were really nice.... Something for me to think about.... Best of luck to you dear friend, I hope you find them! Hugs, Annette
Advertisements
As a foster parent myself of 10 different infants who came to me after their parents decided on adoption I would love to hear from then in the future. Your foster parents before adoption were the first people who you bonded with, who loved you like their own and who probably have a lot of information about your birth. I urge you to contact them. I loved all of my foster children just like they were my own.
Thanks for your posts and giving me the courage to make contact with with my foster parents. I'm really glad that I had the chance to say thank you and possibly the chance of seeing some baby pictures of myself.
Last update on August 13, 2:25 pm by megera39.
Being a foster parent for 10 babies who were all adopted I can tell you that they WILL remember you! How lovely that you want to meet them. I hope some of my little ones find us some day. They probably have a photo album of you that they can share with you and you can share your life with them. Look them up with white or yellow pages and give them a call or if you prefer you can write them but a call would be wonderful. They cared for you at such a tender age that they loved you just like a parent would have.
Advertisements
Hello all,
If any of you would like help in your quest,let me know.
Sincerely,
skipglr
Hi, I would love for someone to help me find my foster parents. I've searched with no luck. My foster father i heard passed and my foster mom moved. I don't know where she is now. Last name is Smith, extremely common, i know!
Hello all,
If any of you would like help in your quest,let me know.
Sincerely,
skipglr
Hey Skipglr, my parents just handed me all of the adoption records they had, and one part of it was a long hand written document by my foster mother. They don't remember her name, so I have no idea where to start. The letter she wrote to them when they adopted me was so genuine, sweet, and caring. I would love to meet her and her husband if they're still alive just to thank them, especially since they lost me to my abusive biological parents for a short bit, and then fostered me again until I was adopted. I have no idea where to start, and would really appreciate any help you may be able to offer.
Thanks,
Jonathan
I am a foster parent and would LOVE for my children to one day contact me...either through a letter or knocking on my front door!!! I am sure that they have wondered what your life was like and how you are today!!
Hi, I'm actually looking for a foster parent to help me with my college education here in the Philippines. I am a 1/4 of the children of my single mom who works in a small clinic in Saudi Arabia, she can't support all of our education and our daily needs anymore. She's already on her way to her 50s so I don't know until when she can still provide for us. I get good grades in school and I'm a consistent honouree, I hope someone can foster me with my education.
Advertisements