Advertisements
Advertisements
I don't usually shop at WalMart but they sell a Gentle Baby Formula. My daughter was drinking the Costco brand and was having trouble with gas and started getting eczema on her face. I switched her to Enfamil Gentlease last week and she seems to be much better. I'm looking for a lower cost alternative that is the same. I'd love to know if anyone else is using the Walmart or Sam's Club brand gentle formula. I don't have a Sam's Membership but my friend does....
Advertisements
I use the walmart Parents Choice gentle powdered formula---my daughter is 8 months old and had pretty bad reflux, and this plus zantac and some other things helped immensely. We tried a few things in the beginning, but this was the only formula that she really tolerated.
We also used the Enfamil, we ended up using the store brand one day when the store was out of enfamil. It worked just the same! My only issue is you can only get this in powder! I loved the readymaid and had to give that all up! I just don't feel that powder mixes so well but we are finally done with it:)
meant to also add that normally I hate powder, too, and feel like it doesn't mix well but the walmart gentle has a really fine texture and it mixes instantly, even with cold water. The texture is like cake flour while I find the texture of the other brands more like granulated sugar.
Tyler didn't tolerate any of the generic gentle formulas, although once he got past the worst of his reflux, he transitioned perfectly to goodstart...I would say that if the generic says it's comparable to whatever you are using, it would be fine. There was no generic for a hypoallergetic that I found, so we couldn't try that part. I use the generic stage two from a few places though and have no issues.
Advertisements
DD eats the WalMart generic soy formula and does great on it. We went through 3 formulas before we found something that her tummy could handle. We started off with regular, then went on to gentle....then to soy. The doctor put her on soy because he thinks she just has a sensitivity to dairy.
My friend has her baby on the WalMart generic gentle ease version and her baby did just fine with the transition. I suggested she try it one day when she was lamenting how much the Enfamil was costing her each month.
Worth a try at least......as it costs about half of what the Enfamil does. :clap:
We have had good luck with the generic soy, the generic gentle, and the generic lactose free (what we are using now). We use both the Wal-Mart and Target store brand formula. From the packaging, the scoop, and layout/information on the label, it's clear to us that the same manufacturer makes both. Make sense that the Sam's brand is the same as well. The Costco stuff seems different. I haven't bought Enfamil (went straight to generic from Good Start), but it just seems logical that it's the same stuff because the product lines are identical between Parents Choice and Enfamil.
I would try it. You will know soon enough if it's not working. The $$ difference is so significant.
I never tried their formulas, but Walmart branded foods have been a mixed bag for us. Some are pretty good - comparable to brand names. Others are barely palatable. You gotta just try stuff and see how well it works.
Check ingredients lists. Compare to the name brands and research the differences. Also check country of origin. I'd be reluctant to buy any food products coming from China right now, and nearly everything Walmart sells comes from China.
We use Walmart, Target, and Kroger generic "gentle" formulas, and they are all absolutely fine. They are made by the same company, just different labels (PBM Nutritionals). I actually prefer them to the brand name, they seem to mix up easier, to me anyway...
Advertisements
We use the Walmart Parents Choice gentle and it works great with our 3 month old. We started with the Enfamil Gentlease and then switched over because of the price difference and she tolerates it great!
Thanks everyone! I found the Target brand today. I go to Target all the time so I picked up a couple of cans. It's not that much more expensive than the Costco brand and if it'll help us get some sleep..... anything is worth it! DD will be 8 weeks on Thursday so I know we'll be using formula for a long long time.
We used the Target brand "Gentle ease" as well. Our son did great with it and so did our wallets!!!!!
--Renee
You can call PBM (makers of Target and Walmart formulas) every month and get a coupon for $3 off.
800-410-9629
Advertisements
You should try looking for baby formulas online. There are sites that offer pretty good affordable deals on baby formula bundles. There are many bundles available at FormulaRUs website.
Last update on February 28, 1:36 pm by Katherine Potter.