Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Sorry that was so ambiguous. I specifically meant documentation of visits with family but I personally document everything in one, rolling Word document. Specifically, I note:
*Training we've completely during time with foster child
*Visits to our home by DYFS
*Visits with family
*Scheduled visits with family that were missed or cancelled
*Anything notable about visits (if baby comes baby stressed, your contact with bios, etc.)
*Court dates (and whether or not I attended, which I always do unless it's administrative)
*Dr. Visits (reason for visit, height, weight, head circumphance, and any findings)
*Daycare/school info.
*Summary of care (I complete and submit before each court hearing. My summaries detail how the baby has progressed since the last hearing, any new medical problems, developmental milestones, etc.)
*Requests (for the judge)
I'm not sure if your letters with the bios are a good thing to present at the bonding assessment unless they contain statements that would substantiate their inability to parent long-term. It's such a slippery slope that I'd say don't bring those. (But I'm really impressed that you established that communication and think it's great!--for everyone involved, especially the baby!)
Best wishes to you!
Jennifer