Advertisements
Advertisements
John Lewis Costello born July 6, 1917 in Bowie Texas (Lewis Castello might be on some paper work)
He was adopted on November 13, 1920 in Jackson County, Missouri and his name was changed to Robert Ainsworth Hegler then Robert Benjamin Hegler
His Children and Grandchildren would like to meet their family and would appreciate any info or ideas
looking4mypast4myfurture@yahoo.com
Hi there,
I spent some time on Ancestry and there were many false leads. What I did find interesting was that there were Hegler families that lived in Bowie Tx when Lewis Costello was born...no idea if that will lead you anywhere...
1. Have you checked whether you can access the adoption records from 1920 in Missouri? Some states kept adoption records open before a certain year because they hadn't been sealed (hope that made sense) but you should be able to find that out pretty easy since closing of the records was done in the middle of the last century.
2. As you have a date of the adoption you may be able to search many many pages of the 1920 census that should have been completed before the Nov 1920 adoption went through under the Costello name...problem is you will have to search any matches from any state...but probably only neighboring states.
3. Do you have any idea of nationality? I found Costellos from Mexico, Italy, Austria so that would help narrow the search.
4. Have you considered going the route of surname/family matching through the male line? Did Robert have a son that is still alive to go through route? Or a grandson through a son? You would then be able to find relatives as long as there is a Costello (or variation of the name) surname group to compare to.
Sorry I cannot be of any more help.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
Hello. I am an adult adoptee who is planning to film a documentary about adoptees and their struggle to find members of their birth families. It will focus on the difficult search process, in terms of the material and psychological effects it has on the adoptee and their families.
In the production stage, we will be filming in Austin, Texas. We need your help, in a supportive way through getting the word out about what we are doing, writing letters to you state representatives and the white house, as well as your donations, both large and small.
If you would like to appear in the documentary, please send me a one-page synopsis of what has happened to you in your search and it must be so compelling that I could not turn you down.
Please visit our website at [url=http://www.newsfromnighteagle.com]NEWS FROM NIGHT EAGLE - Home[/url] for more information.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Carol Shoemaker, Director
Adult Adoptees: Second-Class Citizens (An Indy Film)
Diamond in the Rough Productions
A Carol Shoemaker Production
254 577-5958