Advertisements
Advertisements
what's been everyone's experience with Ohio ICPC if Ohio is the receiving state???
We would like to know as well.
We are in the process of traveling to Texas the 3rd week of this month to get our newborn!
We have heard from our Ohio agency that completed our home study to be prepared to stay 3 - 4 weeks in Texas waiting for our Ohio ICPC.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks..:grouphug:
Advertisements
I'd suggest that you call the staff of any Ohio adoption agency that does inter-state placements and ask them how long recent ICPC approval has taken. I used to do the ICPC paperwork of our agency and it took anywhere from 3 days to 10 days, never 3-4 weeks, but staffing may have changed since the 5 years I left the agency.
I am waiting in Ohio right now to come home with our son. So far we are going on 2 weeks and they tell me it can be anyware from 4-6. I am praying everyday that I get that call to come home.
Houston...................
................we have a Baby!!!
:banana: :clap: :woohoo: :woohoo: :grouphug: :grouphug:
now the waiting begins......God has truly blessed us.
..for everyone waiting in or on Ohio ICPC....looks like they are catching up....we stayed 24 days in Houston, Texas...
....the delay was actually in Texas and NOT Ohio..
Ohio ICPC only took 8 business days..........
special thanks to Vanessa!!
Advertisements
[FONT="Georgia"][/FONT] My husband and I are in the process of adopting and infant from Ohio. We are residents of Pennsylvania. Our beautiful daughter was born on June 1 and I am still in Ohio staying with family. This process is going on eight weeks with ICPC. It is the worst thing I have ever been through. According to my lawyer Ohio has the paperwork now and have asked for several revisions. Apparently the process has changed in Ohio for interstate adoptions and I am one of the first to go through it. Lucky me. We have been staying with my parents since she was born and her father drives up from Pittsburgh every weekend to visit. We desperately want to go home. I cannot wait until this is over! I hear that PA is much faster and I hope that is accurate. Best of luck. I hope you are extra patient!
wow! thats unbelievable! I am so sorry that you guys are going through this. At this point, you are almost done and I don't know if it will help now, but my husband and I actually got on the phone and called the OHIO folks ourselves. We only spoke with one live person but we plead our case on several voicemails. And prayed a ton! I guess maybe we got through the process before the changes. Hang in there.
Any updates on ICPC in Ohio?? We were asked today about an adoption situation in Ohio and we live in Georgia...So I'm just beginning again our research in Ohio. I have names for attorneys in the Cincinnati area. I also have family and friends there so I know we'd have a place to stay, but 6-8 weeks would be a lot to ask of any of them.
Thanks in advance!! :flower:
Advertisements
We live in OH and adopted from VA back in April. ICPC from both states took just under two weeks. The key factor is having a good attorney that prepares all of your documents prior to submitting them to the state office. If they make sure that the ICPC packet is complete and send it in a timely fashion and follow up, it should go pretty quickly. Apparently OH is trying to get their acts together and change their image. At least that's what they conveyed to our attorney during our ICPC.
Good luck, keep us posted.
ICPC is interstate compact for the placement of children. Each state has a department or office that reviews adoptions across state lines before the adoptee can be moved. In my case, we live in OH and adopted fro VA. So we waited in VA until both states approved the placement of our baby with us. It took just under two weeks.
Ohio as far as I know has decreased their wait time a lot! But again, if your attorney/s do not prepare their docs ahead of time and have everything completed in advance then prepare for a tremendous wait. Our entire ICPC packet was complete and waiting to be sent. As soon as our daughter was born they sent it and the process began. ICPC never had to request additional info so it was smooth.
Advertisements
Ohio was our receiving state, too....and we were in Indiana for 3 weeks before receiving word. When our attorney in Indianapolis received the paperwork, it had shown the papers were signed a good 5-6 days before they decided to send them back to Indy...thankfully we had been fore-warned about Ohio ICPC taking forever. Our attorney in Indy had confirmed what we had been told by saying Ohio ICPC is one of the slowest and most difficult to work with...BUT, your child is more than worth it and we would NOT trade our son for anything....having to wait 3 weeks or not! :)
Very fast. Once the attorney got his act together and got it sent to the right people and Florida got their act together and sent it to the right place (in Ohio it goes to your particular county, not through Columbus anymore, which was where they originally sent our file), it took one business day, if that.