Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
The Adoptive Parents Committee runs free monthly meetings in Westport, CT offering adoption support, education, and information to pre- and post-adopt families. The meetings are generally on the first Tuesday of each month. Go to [url=http://www.adoptiveparents.org]Adoptive Parents Committee[/url] and click on the link for the Hudson/Connecticut chapter for more information.
Also, there is an adoption book discussion group meeting monthly in Wilton, CT.
Please let me know if you are looking for adoption support for other members of the adoption triad or if you are interested in private counseling. (Feel free to pm if you prefer.)
Are the meetings only regarding adopted parents or potienal adoptees? I am an adoptee waiting on contact from my bmom. Have made contact through a case worker but bmom does not want contact at this time, so just waiting. Would love to attend a group that had some support for this..
APC is for pre- and post-adoptive parents. There is a group that meets in Fairfield called "Adoption Healing" that might be what you're looking for. I'm sorry I don't have contact info. Best of luck to you.