Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi. I usually only post in the NJ Fost/Adopt forum but ventured out for this one :)
Backstory, trying to keep it simple!: We adopted E (with us since born) last year. Also last year his 1/2 brother came home to us (also at birth) and as a big surprise to everyone, started visits with mom and mom has finally decided to go to rehab, clean up, etc.
4 older kids in NC are adopted in same family. The 2 oldest don't remember her but they remember things their step-grandma (that they lived with for a bit and used to visit with) would tell them about their mom. Their adoptive mom had always promised them that one day she'd help them track down their birth mom.
Now that I'm in regular contact with birth mom (see her every two weeks when I drive baby to visit) and she's cleaning up and doing well, the NC kids adoptive mom wants to tell her kids that we've found her. (She was homeless/unreachable for so many years)
She's worried about it and not surehow to do it. It's so complicated for them. They needed a few weeks to deal emotionally every time they found out about another sibling (my two and one other in another family). She feels she owes it to them and she'd like to get in touch with birth mom while she has the opportunity but she's just unsure of how to tell the kids and what their reactions will be, etc.
She is a busy woman and not-computer-savvy so I told her I'd try to help her find some resources. Any personal advice or helpful websites or books you could recommend for her?
Thanks for reading.
Advertisements