Advertisements
Advertisements
Wow. I about rolled out of my chair when I saw that I was not the only one here. I had givin up my daughter 8 yeays ago when she was 8 months old and it was so devistating for me. So was my world, I just couldnt do it. I was literely living on nothing with no help. I have a very open adoption with her adoptive parents and I love it. I can see her whenever I can or want. Its amazing.
Here I am with 3 boys after her. Desperatly wanting one more. Not able to have any. I would want nothing more in this world to be able to provide a home for a child, as the parents for my daughter did for her and for me.
I am so excited to start this journey. :banana: My daughter and her parents are 100 percent supportive and who better to understand the pain then the ones that have been though it.......
Congratulations and good luck on starting your adoption journey from the other side. How special that you are doing this and that everyone is supportive of you! Can't wait to hear the news when it happens!
Advertisements
Thank you so much.. I can say I am nervous but so excited... I just look forward to having th relationship with the birthmother as I have. Thats so important to me to be able to do that for her. Its so difficult to reliquish a child, but it makes it a little easier when you have such a good relationhip with the parents who raise them. I will certainly keep all updated when we are blessed to be givin the opportunity.
Hello. I placed my son for adoption almost 17 years ago now. My grandparents and his adoptive parents have mutual friends. That's how we were matched. They have sent a few letters and a few pictures over the years and my grandparents friends have kept us updated on him. They have turned tail and run every time they have seen my grandparents at functions though. I have never seen my son except for a few seconds when he was born. The doctors and nurses wouldn't let me see him. They said it would make it "too hard on me to do the right thing." When my DH and I couldn't have biological children we naturally turned to adoption. I wanted an open adoption. I didn't want another girl to go through what I have been through with never seeing her child again. I wanted my child to know their birth family and not have questions and doubts about themselves from being adopted. It turned out that our son's birthmom chose a closed adoption. She refused to see him when he was born and refused to see us. She also refused pictures and letters. I reached out to her through the social worker and the lawyer for three days trying to get her to at least see the baby and say hello to him before she signed TPR and said goodbye. That was one thing that haunted me so bad about my son's adoption that I was not allowed to see him and say goodbye to him. However, she would not agree to come see her son. I was very upset about it for a while. I guess it brought too many things to the surface for me. I evevntually realized that I was not responsible for her choices and I had no reason to feel bad because I had done everything in my power to help her. I hope you get the open adoption with your adopted child that you are hoping for. I just want you to think about how you might feel if the birthmom wants a different relationship than you do or no relationship at all. It had never occured to me that a woman would not want an open relationship and it through me for a loop when it happened to me. I wish you the best of luck and I hope your wait is a short one!
Wow. I guess that would be a shock to my heart, I truley hope the mother would want to see her child as I do so much. You and I know more then ever what it is to lose and child to adoption and just couldnt understand why you wouldnt want to see your baby... so i hope I am lucky to have a mom that feelt the same way you and I do ;)
Congrads to you and your new little baby :)