Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Both my daughters (who came home as toddlers) were food obsessed. The oldest always wanted to look in the refrigerator each night to be sure there was food for the next day. The youngest hid food in her bed -- sometimes she ate it, but frequently it was bread and just disintegrated into crumbs under the sheets. The youngest also had a problem with obesity and high cholesterol by age 8.
I started a snack drawer in the fridge with healthy snacks. I filled it each day. When they had emptied it, that was the end until the next day.
I also stopped buying sweets (chocolate milk, cookies, etc. to keep in the pantry.
Finally, I got a tupperware container and filled it with healthy food -- apple slices, a biscuit, etc -- and put it beside my younger daughter's bed every night. She could eat it if she wanted, or she could just keep it to look at.
My youngest continued to have weight issues until she became a mother. Then she developed healthier eating habits because she wanted to be a good roll model for her child.
This is a hard one. Good luck!