Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We adopted our daughter through Gwinnett Co. DFCS foster/adopt. We were told up front that they very rarely have any children available for adoption under age 6, and that if we wanted to adopt a baby or toddler, we should use a private agency that was contracted with them. If you are willing to adopt an older child, a sibling group or a child with special needs, you can see a photolisting at [url=http://www.myturnnow.com]My Turn Now Adoptions[/url]. These are the kids that DFCS has for adoption.
Legal risk foster/adopt is another thing you can do through DFCS, but you have to know that there is a BIG risk that the child will NOT be eligible for adoption, and you will only be providing foster care. Some of the children available through legal risk foster/adopt are younger than school age.
We stayed with DFCS because we were considering adopting a school-aged child. In the end, we were able to adopt a two year old girl through legal risk foster/adopt. She is considered to have special needs because she has numerous serious food allergies, asthma and eczema that require daily care.
I can't really complain about DFCS except to say that their process is extremely slow, and that we seemed to get a new case manager every couple of months.
We have been so blessed by the addition of our daughter to our family. I wish you the very best in your journey. Adoption is a beautiful thing!
Feel free to contact me by PM if you like.