Advertisements
Advertisements
Like Raven, when I first saw this thread I was incredulous. I tapped out a response almost immediately and then refrained from posting because I would have certainly been banned. I took a look at it an hour or so later and tapped out another response, but then refrained from posting it because I would have certainly been reprimanded. Now that some of my good cyber friends have posted respectfully, I think I can give it whirl without getting in trouble.
Living with the consequences for 26-years after the relinquishment of my son, I can tell you that it ranks at the top of the list for me. To compare a child that I loved so much with the giving away of a cat or dog is beyond offensive. I agree with the others, if you are truly sincere and really want to know what it feels likeӔ to place a child I would recommend reading the many threads by first parents on this forum. I would also recommend reading, The Girls Who Went Away. You still will never know what its like but perhaps you can find some empathy.