Advertisements
Advertisements
Our fs is 2 this month. He has been with us for almost a year. He was put in foster care d/t neglect. BM is with significant mental health issues including schizophrenia. She has been in and out of jail and treatment centers this whole past year. She does not conform to any recommendations/medications for her illness. She is simply UNABLE to parent. BD is better. I really didn't even know he had mental health issues until last court date when dcs brought up that he had a schizophrenia diagnosis and refused to seek treatment or take meds.
My question- Baby J is an active loving little boy. I see NO unusual behavior. When he first came to us he was quiet and NEVER EVER cried I would find him awake in the crib at midnight just sitting there and I would have no idea how long he'd been awake because he woukld not make ANY noise. Now he wakes upo and yells MOMMY and lets us all know he is awake and wants attention. This is the only thing I have ever noticed- and it is better. What are his chances of developing mental health problems. Would we pick up on anything at this age. It doesn't matter. We love him and will adopt the minute we get the chance, but I am trying to educate myself and know what to watch for and when, etc.
Thank You