Advertisements
Advertisements
momma24rn
when you say a predisposition to develop -do you mean that the genetic link can be there but not really manifest itself? I have read some on the web and if I understand it right then he could actually have the genetic link but less of a chance to develop it if he is in a stable , loving home then say if he were living in a home with significant instability and "triggers".
does that paragraph even make sense? I'm not asking for gaurentees, We love J and will pray that he becomes our son but I'm trying hard to understand what I can about this illness. Thank you for your answers.
One thing to keep in mond is that many people with schizophrenia come from loving, stable homes. There was recently a cover story on cnn.com about a 21 year old who had a full ride to Johns Hopkins and then ended up losing everything due to the onset of his schizophrenia. I believe the new movie "The Soloist" is about a similar story.
I would just be aware that there may not be anything you can do to prevent him from becoming schizophrenic despite your best efforts. Just like I probably can't prevent my biological kids from developing major depressive disorder either...kwim?