Advertisements
Advertisements
Post here if you are a birth mother who was in the Volunteers of America Maternity Home in New Orleans,La
Boyd Adams Seeks Birthmother Nancy Adams 4/8/1965 VOA New Orleans
She used the alias of Ruth Adams in the maternity home.Her maiden name is Nancy Adams,her date of birth is possibily september 1949 she named me Boyd Adams.
I love my birthmother very much and need to reunite with her,can you help me?
Non-Identifying Background Information Page 1 of 1
The birth mother resided in a Volunteers of America maternity home. The birth mother did not use her real name while living in the maternity home. She used an alias. She was admitted to the maternity home in January 1965. The birth mother was 15 years old at the time of the childs birth. This was the birth motherҒs first child. She was not married at the time of the childs birth. She had completed 9th grade and was unemployed. Her religion was Baptist. Her ancestry was listed as English. The birth mother was born in Louisiana and resided in Mississippi prior to being admitted to the maternity home.
Physically, the birth mother was described as being 5 feet, 2 inches tall and usually weighed approximately 115 pounds. She had dark blonde hair, blue eyes and a fair complexion.
The birth motherҒs father was injured in an explosion and suffered the loss of his eyesight. Also, his right arm had to be amputated above the wrist. The birth mothers mother was killed in an automobile accident in 1963. The birth mother had two brothers, ages 25 and 11, and one sister, age 13. The 25 year old brother was married. There were no known illnesses or diseases. There was no other information provided on the birth motherҒs parents or siblings.
According to the birth mother, the birth father was 23 years of age at the time of the childs birth. The birth mother stated that the birth father was adopted. He completed some of 9th grade and was unemployed. The birth father was not married. Physically, the birth father was described as being 6 feet, 4 inches tall and weighed about 165 pounds. He had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. There was no other information provided on the birth fatherҒs parents or siblings.
The birth mother did not have any complications during the pregnancy. The child was born on April 8, 1965 at 3:17 PM at Southern Baptist Hospital. At birth, the child weighed 7 pounds and was 20 inches in length. The birth mother named the child Boyd.
The birth mother completed the surrender of parental rights on April 12, 1965. She left the maternity home on April 13, 1965. The child was placed with the adoptive parents on June 25, 1965.