Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
When we went to TPR trial.. it was as the previous poster said a very fine line to walk. The ADA just gave me a list of questions that he may ask.. some of them were
How old was the child when put into custody
Any medical issues
Weight issues
How long has the child been in your home
How long was the trial home placement
What is your relationship with the child
What has been your relationship with the Bio parents
How many kids do you have currently in your home
What are issues that the child may have right now
What are some things that you would like to do with the child that are not being done right now?
How have you been an advocate for the child?
Are you planning on adopting the child?
There were some pictures that I had taken and given to the attorney for evidence... they asked me about them.. and why the lack of pictures for 3 months...
Is the child still recieving any services that he needs? What kind? how long?
Our TPR judgement won't be coming down the line until August to give the states attorney a chance to write a summary brief. Then each of the other attorneys(3 of them) a chance to add or subtract anything from them... Then the judge gets a few weeks to write his judgement... UGH
What made it easier for me was that the mom just didn't show... other wise it would have been really hard...
I was on the stand for 1 hour and a few minutes.. then stayed in the court room till the next recess.
The cross exam's were tough however if the attorney's try to change your words around and make it sound like you said something that you didn't just what until he is finished and then state like I did.. Sir I didn't say that.
Sometimes the attorneys for the parents will want to pull the "poor" card. That they can't stay clean because they are poor, that they didn't know where to get services because they were poor... I just let those comments slide by...
If you have any questions please feel free to pm me....