Advertisements
Advertisements
If anyone has used an adoption agency for an adoption from Panama, please PM me. My husband and I are interested in adopting from Panama but we do not know if this is still a viable route.
Advertisements
According to our government website Panama is still open however, there were only 4 adoptions completed in 2008 and 6 in 2007 so you may have a difficult time finding an agency to work with. Here the link to this information:[url=http://adoption.state.gov/country/panama.html]Panama[/url]
Panama is technically open but it is VERY difficult to adopt from there. I have a close friend who has been trying to adopt a baby girl from there for close to three years now. The little girl is now four years old and stays with them when they are in Panama and considers them her parents -- she has been in the orphanage since she was a few months old. The case is still winding it's way through the courts and they are on their third lawyer. It's been an emotionally wrenching situation for all concerned and I really, really, really, feel that I should suggest to you that starting an adoption from Panama is NOT a good idea. Apparently their case is the norm, rather than an exception and, sad to say, it's possible that they will never get to bring their little girl home. I'd really respectfully suggest that you explore other options.
Advertisements
Please send me a private message if you have adopted from Panama and utilized an adoption agency. Although my husband and I are considering adopting from Panama, we are unsure about its current viability.