Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Adoption LIES!
my daughter has bought the agency's line hook line and sinker
Has she really? Is the agency being coercive, or does she truly want adoption based on an understanding of all her options?? If she truly wants adoption, I'm afraid there is no way of "talking her into" not pursuing it.
If she knows she has other options and is still going with adoption, I imagine she has given this considerable thought and has her own mind made up about it (i.e. she's not being "brainwashed.")
Is she receiving unbiased counseling that presents ALL her options, including the option to parent? And is she aware that she may feel differently after she gives birth and will need time to re-evaluate her decision after she sees and holds her baby?
I think it's important for her to not get pressure from any one side, but to know what exactly is available to her and for her to make her decision based on whatever she feels will be best for her and her baby. She may decide after she has her baby to re-evaluate everything and decide to parent with your help. OTOH, it may solidify her decision to place. Only she will know what is in her heart.
I would say maybe write her a letter letting her know what kind of support you are willing and able to give her. Research what kind of support is in the community and see what kind of aid she could qualify for as a single mom. Let her know what the definite options are for her if she should choose to parent her child. Besides that, I don't know that there is really much else you can do.