Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Adoption LIES!
Rylee45
I'm sorry, I'm at it again in my anger at adoption and the lies that are SO flooded into the system and the agencies.
I keep reading these CRAP ads on adoption and how WONDERFUL it is and how "right" it is for "everyone" who is in the triangle.
Right for the girl because SHE can "go on with her life and do everything she wouldn't have been able to do if she kept her baby"!
Right for the child because being raised in a "single parent home" is just "Wrong" after all, a baby DESERVES to be ripped out of their mother's arms who has been brainwashed to beleive she isn't good enough to raise her OWN baby so some OTHER MARRIED woman can take care of that child!
Right for the "loving couples" who "want a family" and would be able to give that child "everything" they will ever need or want".
They make it out like adoption is the ONLY loving thing to do for this "poor child" who couldn't POSSIBLY be happy with their OWN mother if she isn't married to some man! :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:
At the agency where I gave my baby up for adoption they say things have changed but the ONLY thing that's changed is the fact that they allow the girl to look through hundreds of "dear birth mother" letters and choose the family she will surender her child to.
There is a book in the waiting room that has things in it about how the Lord allows girls to get pregnant so couples who can't have children can have a family that these babies are meant for them. (I read the book while in the waiting room when I was in there for counseling a few months ago)
They say in the book that although it might be hard to do, that if your daughter gets pregnant do not take on the responsibility to help her raise it because that child deserves a loving two parent family! They say the girl has the right to live a "normal" life without the "burdon" of a baby. She deserves to be child free so a "decent" "loving man" will someday "marry her" and she need not tell anyone about her child.
What the crap is NORMAL about giving your baby away!? HOW do they expect the girls to go home and "forget"??? After you give your baby away, there is no more NORMAL for you! You are forever scarred. You will NEVER go back to the way it was before you gave that child away!!!
My GOD sometimes I think about that and I want to scream and throw things through the walls and break all the windows I see and beat the living HELL out of someone for it.
Doesn't that child DESERVE to be with it's OWN mother and if the grandparents have the ability to help in raising that child isn't that better than giving it away to strangers and take the chance even in an OPEN adoption that you'll never see your child again???
HOW the crap can it be better for a child to be taken from it's mother and given to another woman to raise if there are other ways for that child to be able to stay with it's OWN mother!?
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just so angry thinking about this right now I can't stand it! I just CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just hate adoption and what it stands for. It stands for several things but the two things that stands out in my mind is:
Birth mother = rotten, no good, unfit, run-around, tramp who doesn't deserve to raise her OWN child.
Adoptive family = Perfect, great parents, rich, virtuous, deserving to raise someone else's child.
For one, just because a girl gets pregnant without getting married does NOT mean she is a tramp or anything else. It means she had sex! Plain and simple she had sex and got pregnant!!! Her personality or ability to raise a child should NOT be measured by whether she had sex without being married and ended up pregnant! I'm possitive that there are a LOT Of adoptive parents who at one time or another had sex outside marriage but because they didn't get pregnant they were never considered tramps or anything else that those who do get pregnant outside marriage get labeled!
She is just as good as anyone else married or not! She has the RIGHT to raise her own child and the RIGHT to be treated with just as much respect as anyone else who just happens to be married when they have sex!
Also, Adoptive parents are NOT perfect. They are humans who make mistakes just as much as anyone else in this world. Not all of them are rich! Not all of them really know how to be parents anymore than a young newlywed couple having a child and learning to raise it! And they don't "deserve" to raise someone else's child just because they want a family.
If they adopt fine, but there is no one in this world who "deserves" to have someone else's child just because they are able to afford it or because they are at the time stable. Life changes and things happen. There are LOTS of people who get divorced who adopt children just like people who are married and have biological children. No one is beyond change in family situation. No one!
The person who DESERVES the most is the child! It deserves to be with it's own bio mother and know that that woman loves them. If circumstance truly are that the child can't stay with the mother then by all means adoption is better than abortion, but NOT because the girl is "unwed" and "undeserving" of raising her OWN child!
If that child would truly starve to death, be in the streets freezing to death or anything else and the circumstances would never change, then they deserve better but they can be just as happy and productive with their biological mother as she is willing to give of her time and effort to make that happen and if someone is willing to help her learn what she need to do or help her finish school or whatever else then she has the RIGHT to keep that child without guilt or presure from everyone around her trying to brainwash her to believe she isn't good enough JUST because she's young and unwed!
Sorry to have gone on like this, I just can't help it right now. I'm SO angry I can't see straight and I want to scream until my voice is gone!
:hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:
Rylee
Hi Rylee,
We have had this talk before and I know exactly which agency you speak of. I try and stay away from that agency even though they are also involved in other types of family counseling and I also stay away with the religion they are associated with. I also don't come to this site much any more. I find myself too angry too much of the time. I just want you to know that I DO understand how you are feeling and wish things were better for you. I am here if you need to talk. And it is ok to have a "hissy fit" every now and then. We are in a situation where although we are involved in reunions, we will never, ever get back what we lost. And that is so hard to come to terms with. In fact I often think it is impossible. So take care of yourself and try and let good things into your life.
Love ya,
Deb