Advertisements
Advertisements
Just wonder anyone in the same situation to share. We are still waiting for invitation by the Vietnam province after the DNA test and police investigation. Our son will be 2 in July this year. We have his referral since he was 3 days old plus a year of paper work before the referral. We have been in this waiting game for 3 years, it is too long.
I thought Vietnam required that all children be a least 8 weeks old before they are refered to international families. Are there exceptions?
Advertisements
I'm confused as to why you are still waiting for travel dates? It was my understanding as long as you had the official referral letter by September 1, 2008, then your adoption was not effected by the adoption freeze.
I received my letter on the 29th of August of 2008 for a seven-month-old girl. I left for Vietnam Christmas night and finalized her adoption on December 29, 2008. We flew back home on January 7, 2009.
What is your agency saying?
I'm so sorry you're in this position.
Thank you to reply my post , Yash. I guess we are just unlucky one. Our agency basically cannot do anything except telling us waiting. Individually province can vary greatly. All we can do is waiting and no answer. That is why I post to any other people having same situation.
williamsit
Just wonder anyone in the same situation to share. We are still waiting for invitation by the Vietnam province after the DNA test and police investigation. Our son will be 2 in July this year. We have his referral since he was 3 days old plus a year of paper work before the referral. We have been in this waiting game for 3 years, it is too long.
may I suggest you to post your inquiries in the [url=http://www.webtretho.com/forum?]Diễn đàn Webtretho[/url] I can't consult you directly because I am not familiar with the procedures either. That forum is for mothers and they are active volunteers to help unlucky children, they may help you with the procedures, which your agency should do.
Please do try and hope.
Advertisements