Advertisements
Advertisements
[url=http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bad-boy-names-070209,0,5940473.story]Do odd names make boys go bad? - OrlandoSentinel.com[/url]
Top 10 'bad-boy' names
Alec, Ernest, Garland, Ivan, Kareem, Luke, Malcolm, Preston, Tyrell, Walter NOTE: Names listed in alphabetical order SOURCE: Social Science Quarterly
Advertisements
Oh dear. I am in trouble! My oldest is Alec! And I know quite a few Lukes and two Prestons. :) Though I can't see where any of those three at least are uncommon. I know of at least a 1/2 dozen Alec's of school age as well as a few adult Alecs. Same with Luke.
Interesting!
A friend of mines name is Malcolm.. so is his fathers.. and now his 3 week old son. He gets "Mal" but I really feel for the kid.. lol.
Know quite a few Alec's and some Luke's, although most here now are Lucas, shortened to Luke.
Have to say I agree with the "Garland" :arrow:
Alec, Luke, Kareem, Tyrell and even Preston are pretty common these days so I find it odd they are on the list. I don't find those names "feminine" either...??? Trying to remember the last time I heard of a criminal with those names? lol!
Personally I think most ANY name can be and likely will be mocked by a peer at some point in life, so I don't know that it makes that much of a difference.
Well, that is until you get into the names like Hitler etc. Now those names I shake my head at going "what are their parents thinking????"
That's a funny list. How many Garlands can there even be? And they don't mention Ben, but every child I know named Ben is bad.
No offense, parents of Bens. I didn't mean YOUR Ben! I'm sure it's just my neighborhood:eek:
Years ago I lived on a street with kids (from different families) named "Steele", "Stone" and "Cash". I always wondered whether they'd grow up to be as cold as their names would suggest. I hope not!
Advertisements
That's a funny list. How many Garlands can there even be? And they don't mention Ben, but every child I know named Ben is bad.
No offense, parents of Bens. I didn't mean YOUR Ben! I'm sure it's just my neighborhood:eek:
Where I grew up it was Jason. Every Jason I ever knew was a born troublemaker.
If i didn't know it i'd swear that was a fake article lol, but it's not from theonion.
thats just crazy.
Luke? Alex? Malcolm?
crazy.///
Last update on February 26, 1:49 pm by Melanie Hall.
I had a 4 year old patient the other day named AKILLIOUS (pronounced ACHILLES). Mom and family called him AK. Mom said, "You know, like AK47." Why do people do that to their kids? That boy is going to have to be mean to survive in the neighborhood he lives in.
Advertisements