Advertisements
Advertisements
I am hoping to get a recipe for enchiladas, and not just any recipe but one that is slap your mama delicious :evilgrin: and one that could feeds many or atleast 6 or more kids. Please, please help. :thanks: in advance.
Well, no one's been slapped around here but we've kind of invented our own enchilada recipe.
I cook hamburger meat or chicken or refried beans flavored with taco seasoning mix. Then wrap them, plus mexican cheese, in a flour tortilla. Then cover them with kroger brand green enchilada sauce and more cheese and bake for 20 minutes at 425.
I serve them with sour cream and chopped lettuce.
We like them and they are easy. :arrow:
Advertisements
Thank you Fatcat, How much meat (beef)? And are you talking about the packs of taco seasoning? How many does this make? Sorry so many questions. :eyebrows:
Just made these for the first time tonight and they were a hit.
Heat until boiling....
1 can Hormal beanless chili (just the meat, undrained)
1 cup salsa
Or for meat free...
1 cup salsa
1 tsp of chili powder
After starts to boil add 1cup instant rice. Mix and set aside for 5 min. until rice is tender.
Grease pan and put about 1/2 cup salsa on bottom. Put about 1/2 cup of mixture into a tortilla and roll. Place in pan. Put additional sauce on top of all the finished enchiladas. Cover with shredded cheddar and Monterrey jack cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20min.
This recipe was a hit for us. Even my picky eater ate!!!
Hey O2b30, I thiught I would let you know, I will be trying out your recipe tonight and I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.