Advertisements
Advertisements
My name is Evan. I was born May 5th 1989 at Kenmore Mercy.
Im 20 now and i have been trying to search for my birth parents. Mom mainly. Since I found out I was adopted.
When i finally came of age at 18.
I applied to the ISRR. And got no reply.
I applied to the NYS Adoption Reg and got nothing.
I contacted NYS vital records DEPT. And i got a sheet like one that was included in my adoption folder my parents had. THE NEW ONE HAD !!!!!!!!!!!!99% LESS!!!!!!!!! information.
Im at my witts end. Im not complete until i find my parents. I need help........
Don't give up hope. Since you are only 20, it's possible that your bmom hasn't attempted to search for you yet because she feels that you may not be ready. Or maybe she's not ready herself...
I would just suggest that you keep all your contact info current on every registry that you can find. I'm not sure what else you can do in the state of NY to obtain your original birth records...maybe you can get some search ideas on these forums. Good luck.
Advertisements
Enelson...I understand your frustration in regards to the state. If you know where U were adopted, contact the clerk of that adoption court to see how much non-id info you can have...when records are sealed, its all the help the state can give. Sometimes U find bits of info in that non-id info that leads you into other areas.
If it is possible for you to go to the court and talk directly to a court Rep, sometimes that works well too. Dont be afraid of anyone in the court system...you are simply asking for info that the state says you can have.
There may be ways to leave a message in your file that you are searching and open to a meeting. There's nothing cast in stone that works in all cases. Don't give up hope...for all we know, the state at some point, may open the records. Its happened in other states.
I wish you the best.
SoniaRose
Don't give up hope. Since you are only 20, it's possible that your bmom hasn't attempted to search for you yet because she feels that you may not be ready. Or maybe she's not ready herself...
I would just suggest that you keep all your contact info current on every registry that you can find. I'm not sure what else you can do in the state of NY to obtain your original birth records...maybe you can get some search ideas on these forums. Good luck.
I have a typed letter from my mother saying that she wants me to come find here and will keep her information updated in the registry so i can find he when i come of age. Well I have now. and the registry isnt giving me anything. ANd yes i have put my info on here, in the NYS adoption reg. and ISRR