Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello All,
I have just started the process of getting my foster to adopt license, however now I am worried that they might turn me down. Right now I am finishing up my degree and so my extra tuition money pays my rent, I pay it in one lump sum for the year and I work part time bringing in about $900 a month. My bills only add up to about $300, so I have around $600 extra left over for extras and spending on a future child. I comfortably support myself, so do you think that they will reject my application. I am also in a small town so expenses are not extravagent.
Thanks and have a blessed day,
Sara
i know for fostering you'd be fine they might want a detailed budget. Thats what they told me when i spoke with the Foster family recruiter my finacial situation is similar to yours actually (relativly low income and student loans) when i told her that she said they'd want to look hard at my finances but as long as i had enough money to make sure the kids had the necessities if the stipend or whatever they call it was late. I just got some info havent decided if i want to foster yet. i dont like the idea of cw. with the little guy i am guardian for I don't have any and don't know if i want them in and out and calling all the shots
Advertisements
I don't think it should be a problem. I believe most states (though it can vary greatly!) only require that you have enough financial stability to support yourself without the foster care stipend.
When we applied to foster, we had to run a list of expenses versus income. They did not ask where the income came from, just how much it was.
The idea is that you can support yourself without foster board payments.
We did not know that there was such as thing as foster board payments. We'd only done kinship care and received no stipend. We assumed that was how it always was!
People thought that was charming.
I felt pretty foolish!
If you can meet your expenses and have money left at the end of the month, there shouldn't be a problem--at least in that area.
Shouldn't be a problem. We had to fill out a paper listing expenses and give them a copy of our monthly paychecks. Otherwise, they only wanted to see that we made more money on paper than we spent.
[QUOTE=greenrobin]We did not know that there was such as thing as foster board payments. We'd only done kinship care and received no stipend. We assumed that was how it always was!
People thought that was charming.
I felt pretty foolish!
[QUOTE]
DH was the same way, didn't know there was a stipend and thought we were going to have to pay for it all and put them on our insurance. He still agreed to it, even while having those misconceptions. :love:
Sara - I won't repeat what everyone else has said, but I think they all stated it pretty clearly. Good luck.
Advertisements
Thank you everyone, I guess I was just over analyzing things like I normally do. I really appreciate your help, and look forward to getting to know everyone here. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions as I get farther along in the process.
Thank you again,
Sara
As long as you are able to meet your monthly expenses then it will be fine. If you plan to adopt a child from Foster care then they just want to see that you have some funds to care for a child if you were no longer to get an adoption subsidy. Based on what you posted u are fine.