Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi there,
For those of you who have adopted two non sibs from Ethiopia, can you PM me on what agencies you used? We are open to sibs, twins and non related children. We want to go with an agency that will not limit us on the non-related children issue. We are not trying to do a "virtual twinning." They can be 10 months apart or more. We already have 5 bio children, just lots more room in our hearts for moreh here.
Thank you!
Kimberly
Most agencies and most countries do not allow adoption of two unrelated children at once. In general, there is a belief that each child needs his/her own time to bond with his/her new family, and that a family needs time to bond with each new child. Obviously, with siblings, you can't do that, but you certainly can with non-siblings. As a result, most agencies and countries want families to wait at least a year between adoptions.
Sharon
Advertisements
There are several agencies that will allow this for Ethiopia. Ours was one. I can't with a clear heart recommend them, though.
BUT, please think long and hard about doing it. It is a VREY big adjustment. If I had to do it all over, I would have done one at a time. I think it would have been easier on them, me and my oldest son.
sak9645
Most agencies and most countries do not allow adoption of two unrelated children at once. In general, there is a belief that each child needs his/her own time to bond with his/her new family, and that a family needs time to bond with each new child. Obviously, with siblings, you can't do that, but you certainly can with non-siblings. As a result, most agencies and countries want families to wait at least a year between adoptions.
Sharon
There are several agencies that will allow this for Ethiopia. Ours was one. I can't with a clear heart recommend them, though.
BUT, please think long and hard about doing it. It is a VREY big adjustment. If I had to do it all over, I would have done one at a time. I think it would have been easier on them, me and my oldest son.
We are adopting two kids from the same orphanage - BUT we have known them for several years and have been "prepping" them about becoming siblings, they are already very, very close. Even from the same orphanage, I know a lot of kids who would really struggle if they were adopted together - very competitive with each other, etc. I can't imagine doing it from two different orphanages. Perhaps you could seek two children who are already close in their existing setting?