Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are adopting our two foster daughters whom we have had for 2 and a half years. One child will be receiving a subsidy and therefore her adoption will be paid for. Our other daughter will not receive a subsidy. My husband and I have been told that the attorney would charge over a thousand dollars to do the adoption of the non subsidy child. Our adoption worker told us that we did not have to have an attorney and could do the whole thing ourselves. Does anyone have any idea how we would go about doing this??? We're confused!! Probate for the one daughter who is receiving a subsidy is set for Sept 16 so we would like to figure it all out quickly!! Thanks...
My husband and I are adopting our two foster daughters whom we have had for 2 and a half years. One child will be receiving a subsidy and therefore her adoption will be paid for. Our other daughter will not receive a subsidy. My husband and I have been told that the attorney would charge over a thousand dollars to do the adoption of the non subsidy child. Our adoption worker told us that we did not have to have an attorney and could do the whole thing ourselves. Does anyone have any idea how we would go about doing this??? We're confused!! Probate for the one daughter who is receiving a subsidy is set for Sept 16 so we would like to figure it all out quickly!! Thanks...
Your adoption worker is correct, they can do everything for you. All you will need to do is go to the probate court after DHR has given you consent to adopt. There the filing fee may be on you, however the cost is nominal.
Advertisements