Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
UTbrie
I am very close to gettting my license to foster. I am EXTREMELY nervous and excited at the same time....:eek:
I thought it would be fun to hear about everyone's first foster placement...or, if you are still in the licensing process, what are your feelings on getting licensed and waiting for that first placement?:woohoo:
Our 1st placement was a 2 1/2 yr old, blonde haired, blue eyed angel with a little dimple chin. Almost identical to Shirley Temple. The moment I laid eyes on her, I fell in love and I knew she would break my heart. We totally enjoyed every minute of the 1 1/2 years we spent with her. She is turning 8 :eek: next month and we still keep in touch. She is in gifted classes and just skipped the second grade because she was too far ahead of all the other kids to be accomodated in the second grade classroom! We are soooo proud of her and proud of her dad who worked his butt off to get her back. Including kicking the crap out of his Meth addiction, working 60 hrs a week and then going to parenting classes, counseling, and NA meetings on top of that. As much as I wanted to be her mommy, I know in my heart she belongs with her daddy (and sibs). Hope you have as good a 1st experience as we did!:cheer:
I should also be honest and tell you that she definately had some emotional issues and was very hard headed! We loved her determined spirit, but could have done without the tantrums and pooping on the floor (on purpose). I forgot about that until just now! lol You should have seen my face when she threw her poop at me:eek: