Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thanks for telling us the whole story -- the fact that you are only 3 weeks older than his oldest son does make a difference. You could potentially create a big havoc in their family.
So you haven't communicated with your bdad since 2002? Maybe you ought to give him a call one of these days. Then you can mention that you saw his kids on facebook, and get his opinion.
I totally understand how frustrating it is to see b-relatives on facebook and not be able to reach out. I regularly snoop on my half-siblings' adult children (all over 30) on facebook -- their profiles are closed, but I get a peek into their lives anyway. But I know that it is not my place to contact them -- I need to wait for my half-sibs to get the courage to tell them that their deceased grandmother had a third child she relinquished. If I contacted them directly, I would destroy any possibility of a future relationship with my half-sibs. So, in the meantime, I just watch and wait from a distance (I know I sound like a stalker). As a fellow adoptee, I understand how fascinating it is to see that there are people out there to whom we're actually related! I am so tempted to befriend one of them, but I don't dare...
If I were you, I would work on your relationship with your bdad and try to re-open the communication. See what he says when you tell him that you've found his kids on facebook. Good luck.