Advertisements
Advertisements
Any current Serbia adoptive families? We are in process and looking to connect with other families!
Jasmine
Advertisements
Adoptsis
How far into the process are you?
We're getting our homestudy authenticated and most of our dossier is being translated right now. We've gotten preapproval and are prematched already. Hoping to have dossier in country in two more weeks.
Our case is a bit more complicated because we're American citizens, living in Thailand. Just getting our homestudy done was a hassle and a half. We're very excited to finally be submitting to Belgrade soon. :)
Has anyone completed the process post Hague? We're wondering what kind of timeline to expect once dossier is in country, with a prematch.
We're a bit behind you in process. I'm guessing you're using HS? Timeline will probably depend on how quickly immigration is moving at that point (assuming that you have to file the same immigration paperwork even though you don't actually reside in the US). I think the average is around 4 months now, so unless I'm missing something important, I would guess travel in fall?
Yes, using HS. Great! That's what we've been thinking. Somewhere from Sept to November. We have to file I-800A in Bangkok, but they've been giving us a runaround about if we can file it here, despite the fact that we know others have done it no more than six months ago. I'm excited to hear that it seems like it's been 4 months. When I last asked it was six months. :(
Advertisements