Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I am a nurse at a methadone clinic in MA. Truth be told there really is not that much methanphetamine us in MA so my guess is you are talking about Methadone although the only patches I can think of is fentanyl in the opiate family.
It is very common for methadone addicted babies to remain hospitalized until detoxed completely which is done slowly and gradually.
Please remeber that even though baby will be drug free upon discharge there still might be some residual affects such as sleepless nights, sensitivity to light, touch , sounds, ect as well as inconsolability.
Methdone is very hard on the little ones and detox is aweful. As far as long term affects well that remains to be sen . There is just no way of knowing and not enough studies of children born addicted to methadone and their development later in life.
While methadone is a better alternative than street drugs, it is still a drug and there is always the possibility that bmom may have used other drugs in conjunction with the methadone.
If you are in fact referring to mehadone and have any questions please feel free to ask me.
EZ