Advertisements
Advertisements
My heart is broken...28 years ago I slept with a lady I didn't know. She had a beautiful daughter and married the same year she was pregnant. The daughter was told at age 7 who her real father was (me). She was adopted by her step father at the age of 12. They were also divorced the same year the father adopted her at age 12. My name is not on the birth certificate. I was never contacted that she was even pregnant. 27 years later I was contacted on Facebook by my daughter. DNA test was done 3 days ago and I am the father. My BIGGEST question is how was the father able to adopt her? This happened in the state of Georgia.
1 Liked
 likes this.
I'm not sure if you are happy or still adjusting to the news - if you are happy then congratulations.
I'm sorry that you weren't told - that just seems so unfair.
You were probably listed as unknown father and your rights were terminated after notices in a paper - it's pretty vague wording from what I understand, and/or posted in the legal section of the classified.
The alternative was that your rights were terminated for abandonment. There may, or may not have been a notice posted in the paper - depends on what the law in Georgia requires.
It depends which route they went.
You may or may not have been on the original birth certificate - after adoption an amended birth certificate is created and the original is sealed away. Your daughter may actually have the original as she was 12 or her mother may have it.
I hope you are open to whatever relationship that develops...be prepared for a roller coaster of emotions.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements