Advertisements
Advertisements
I am in Il and in my county at least there are surrenders to the afency and identified surrenders. An identified surrender is a good thing only if the foster parent is sure that they are going to adopt the child. For some reasons the rules are different with an identified surrender. The main rule is that noone but the persons listed in the surrender can adopt the child. The second rule is that a petition for adoption must be submitted to the courts with in one year of the identified surrender ot else it is void. Which could mean relocationg the bio family member and seeing if they are up to parenting standereds. As a foster parent I was thrilled to get an identified surrender of my older boys. It ment so much to me, and it is something positive that I can share with them. So for us it is a good thing, however I know of a parent who was pressured into adoption because they let the biomom do an identified surrender, and they only asked this mom that day in front of a crying bio if she would adopt.