Advertisements
Advertisements
I've been searching for my birthfamily for over 20 years. Unfortunately my Adoptive Parents have been less than honest with me & haven't given me any info that I can find anyone with. My adoption was private thru a doctor, Andrew Silverman & a lawyer, Louis N. Goldman.
Both are since deceased. I was born at Beth Israel Hospital in Newark ,NJ. I don't have a name or any real identifying info. I would sincerely appreciate any assistance.
Advertisements
Know that you posted years ago but here's some info: my dad (biological- long deceased) was an ob/gyn resident at Beth Israel Hospital in Newark NJ in the mid-late 1950s. He attended with Dr. Silverman, as did several other of Dad's medical partners.
There was an infertility, insemination, and adoption "program" in the 1950s and 1960 out of that hospital. My sisters and I just found out that we have several (unknown number) half-siblings that were products of the program (it's complicated).
Anyway, we are researching and have been in contact with some of the surviving "participants" and ob/gyn residents.
Dr. Silverman was in private practice at that time, in his 60s or so, and was active and worked closely with the Newark NJ Weequaic Jewish community. Not sure if your birth mother was part of this but thought there might be some overlap.
Know that you posted years ago but here's some info: my dad (biological- long deceased) was an ob/gyn resident at Beth Israel Hospital in Newark NJ in the mid-late 1950s. He attended with Dr. Silverman, as did several other of Dad's medical partners.
There was an infertility, insemination, and adoption "program" in the 1950s and 1960 out of that hospital. My sisters and I just found out that we have several (unknown number) half-siblings that were products of the program (it's complicated).
Anyway, we are researching and have been in contact with some of the surviving "participants" and ob/gyn residents.
Dr. Silverman was in private practice at that time, in his 60s or so, and was active and worked closely with the Newark NJ Weequaic Jewish community. Not sure if your birth mother was part of this but thought there might be some overlap.