Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
My husband and I have a LID date of 04-10-07 and are hoping to adopt a little girl from China sometime in the not so distant future.
We're going through a well-known adoption agency (which is only 25 minutes from where we live) and though we like this agency, we've not been able to get even a rough estimate from them on how much longer our wait will be until we get a referral.
With a LID of 04-10-07 we've already been waiting 2 years and 7 months for a referral and are wondering how much longer our wait will be.
At the China Adoption Forecast.com site, the predicted referral date for us is 2017-03-03 which would give us another 7 years of waiting. Apparently, this website calculated this referral date based on the fact that China has 378 days of dossiers to be processed before they get to our dossier and theyݒre currently only processing about 2.9 days of dossiers each month.
I found out this week that our adoption agency is still accepting new applicants who want to adopt from China and that these families are being told that their average wait time will be about 44 months until a referral. If this estimate is accurate for new families just applying then those of us whove been waiting for over 2 ҽ years (after LID) should be getting a referral in under 3 years, right?
Is the China Adoption Forecast website considered an accurate assessment tool? If so, were going to have to wait another 7 ҽ years until a referral :confused:
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Christine