Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Ladies, I was at Highlands the end of 1982 untill mid April 1983. My son was born 3-30-83 and I am courious as to how other girls were treated while at Highlands and if you have been able to reconnect with your child, if that is your choice. Would love to hear from you and compare notes, Trish
Advertisements
My name is Janice. In Feb 1985 I gave a son up for adoption while staying at the Highlands child placement services in Kansas city, Mo. If there is anyone who worked there or was a client, please respond to this post.:flower: How were you treated? Where are you now? How is life in general?
I need to contact my son to give him some medical news about a genetic disorder that me and my other children have that might affect him. Even if he never wants to be a part of my life, I will always love him no matter what!
Thanks in advance for all the help!
Hi, i am an adoptee from Highlands in Kansas City. In search of birthmother. Possible surname Avila and she was 16-17 years old.. My date of birth 8-30-82.
Hi Matt,
I was also an adoptee from Highlands Child Placement services in Kansas City, MO. (Born in 1978) I was able to find my birth mother about a year ago. I spent quite a bit of time on forums and websites without any success. I am responding to you in order to provide some information that might help you in your search. In Missouri, you may request a copy of any non-identifying information located in your adoption file directly from the 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County. (Google it) I did this back in the 1990's and they provided a copy of a pre-adoption interview with my birth mother. All identifying information was redacted, however it was really interesting to read. You may already have some information to work from.
You can also now hire a court approved private investigator. I would highly recommend that you do this! You pay a fee and fill out some paperwork, then they gain access to your entire file. They use that information to try to locate your birth mother and father. If they locate them, they let them know that you are looking for them and ask for permission to provide you information. In my case, my birth mother was thrilled that I was looking for her and therefore we were reconnected. I have now met her and all of my half brothers! What an experience!
I spent years wondering and searching, but once I hired the investigator, she located my birth mother in less than 48 hours. If you google "Jackson County, MO adoption records" you will easily find the website which provides all of this information.
Hopefully that helps! I am happy to provide additional details if you would like, just let me know what information you want. Good luck with your search!
John
Hi, i am an adoptee from Highlands in Kansas City. In search of birthmother. Possible surname Avila and she was 16-17 years old.. My date of birth 8-30-82.
Advertisements