Advertisements
Advertisements
We are a couple interested in adopting a child from Jamaica. Can anyone provide information about agencies (good, bad and ugly) and the process of adopting from this country? Please PM us.
Thanks!
Judith and Michael
Advertisements
Have either of you proceeded with an adoption in Jamaica? We are also interested and looking for any information on how the process goes.
I notice your dates are 2009 and 2010 and i am not sure if you still interesting in adopting from Jamaica.
mmbjds
We are a couple interested in adopting a child from Jamaica. Can anyone provide information about agencies (good, bad and ugly) and the process of adopting from this country? Please PM us.
Thanks!
Judith and Michael
Did you ever get your child from Jamaica?
Advertisements
cdrwaxwing
Have either of you proceeded with an adoption in Jamaica? We are also interested and looking for any information on how the process goes.
I am wondering if you are still interesting adopting from Jamaica?
[url=http://adoption.state.gov/country_information/country_specific_info.php?country-select=jamaica]JAMAICA | Intercountry Adoption[/url]
Above is the URL for the State Department's authoritative discussion of adoption from Jamaica by U.S. citizens. This should be a starting point for your research.
Sharon
We were just approved by the Jamaican CDA to adopt on Thursday but we were warned that it can take years to receive a referal. We had sent in the application almost a year ago and finally heard back. I think that faxing a 2nd copy of the application 4 months ago might have helped.
I'm a member of a group about adopting from Jamaica and it seems like Canadian citizens have an easier time than U.S. citizens. It's a yahoo group and it has a lot of information.
We will be pursing the adoption but we are operating under the assumption that we will be waiting a while.
Danielle
We are also looking for info regarding Jamaica adoption, specifically a general time line.... We know its a long process just wondering how long? Thanks!
Advertisements
After three years of paper works my daughter is in the states with me. I brought her here February 11,2012
I must say to god be the glory.
She is three years old and adjusting very well.
The social worker in Jamaica worked very hard with me to make this possible.:cheer: :banana:
I love my daughter very much, she will be four July 27,2012
:cake: :cheer:
I am so blessed to have her in my life.
I am enjoying being a single mom life is great.
I wish that all the other in the home get adopted soon.
Proud mom.:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
So happy for you and your daughter! If you wouldn't mind sharing more I would really appreciate it... What took the longest? The referral or the approval/ court dates? Thanks for any info you can give... There isn't much out there!
The birth certificate was the longest, it took us two years to get because the child was abandon at birth, I had to wait for them to try and the mother, father or any other relative who may know her. Yes it was on tv for six weeks and in the news paper. After this every thing was smooth sailing. The Visa was also two months of waiting and that was it. I am now waiting to finalize the adoption i do not mind waiting because she is here with me, and i have until her 17 th birthday.:laundry:
prettypinks -
Did you go straight through the CDA? Did you have a child identified ahead of time, or did they identify a child for you? Can you give a little more information on how the process worked for you?
Advertisements
I am curious as well. I have read a lot but don't really understand. Since they don't function as a Hague country, it looks like no agency really works there.It sounds like it would be easier to just go over there and stay for a while to get some of the application process complete if possible.
I know this is so long ago but I just wanted to know how are things going. I have a question for anyone out there who has completed their adoption. I am awaiting the final stage i600 approval and embassy interview so I wanted to know if anyone know the re-adoption process
I will need to re adopt the children when they come to the USA as I was granted a license . I want to do this on my own as I have spent over 12k on this process already and sad to say it has all been on the US side. I believe that I can do the re-adoption myself (New York) but the agency advised me that its best to get an attorney which means another 1500 or so to shell out
I am tired of paying everyone but I end up doing 90% of the work.
so anyone tell me how they did the rep-adoption in NY
thanks a bunch