Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
I'm a single man in my 30's. I've been thinking about adoption for the last couple of years and would like to make 2010 the year I start a family. I'm wondering if there are any other single adoptive fathers out there who can provide information about the process and any hurdles they had to go through as a single man. There is very little information out there for single adoptive parents, let alone single fathers. I am especially looking for tips on agencies that work well with someone in my situation.
You might hop over to the Special Needs forum. There are a few single adoptive fathers on there who could probably help you with these questions.
[url]http://forums.adoption.com/special-needs-adoption/[/url]
Advertisements
social workers are getting more comfortable with the idea of a single male parent. I started my process last year. I am about to be matched end of this month
I am 33 and a single male looking to become an adoptive parent in Oregon. I just began the process a couple of weeks ago, although I have been considering it for a couple of years. I'll let you know how things go for me.
I am a single male who has adopted three children. It can be done; however, you must be very patient and be willing to accept some difficult placements. Don't get discouraged, even if you have to wait years as I did. I became a foster parent to two siblings who were with me for 2 1/2 years. While it nearly killed me to see them go back to their bio family, they were the key to demonstrating that I was a capable parent. Best wishes!