Advertisements
Advertisements
Help! My 19mo takes all her clothes and diaper off everytime we lay her down for a nap or bedtime. She then either flings the wet/dirty diaper somewhere or makes a mess in her crib. PULL ups worked for a short time, but she has figured those out. We have also tried one peice jammies and turtleneck onsies with pants over. This girl can get out of anything!:moped: We had started putting tape over the tabs of the diaper and even tried duct tape with no success! :confused: Did I mention she thinks it is funny!:woohoo: If she has the diaper handy she will even throw it at you when you come in the room...and she has pretty good aim!:arrow: We have considered trying to potty train her...but I'm not sure she is ready and I'm not ready to push too hard. I'm getting tired of giving baths and washing blankets/sheets/and clothes 3 times every day.:confused:
Suggestions anyone???
Cut the feet off a one piece zipper fleece sleeper and put it on backwards? My friend's son did this and this was the only thing that worked.
Advertisements
Put on a one piece sleeper and pin the zipper tab, so she can't open it. I find they do this when they are bored.
DD does this as well (20 months old). She has only taken one poopy one off though.....I think she learned her lesson with that one as she had poo on her hands then stuck her hand in her mouth YUCK! :eek: Let me tell you I had never seen a child want to brush their teeth so badly! She started yelling "TEETH TEETH TEETH!" So now she just takes off with the wet ones and usually just lobs them onto the floor.
The only thing that can stop her is the two piece pj set that snaps together at the waist.....she hasn't figured out the snaps yet. [url=http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/baby/sleepwear/infants/boys/PRD~579063/Carters+Grandmas+Space+Explorer+SnapWaist+Footed+Pajamas.jsp]Carter's Grandma's Space Explorer Snap-Waist Footed Pajamas[/url]
I have neck sensitivities so the idea of wearing anything backwards makes my throat get tight! lol Necklines are made to dip at the front and rises at the back so if worn backwards it could be tighter around the baby/child's throat area...just how clothing is made.
I did find these when we were registering for baby things. They're made with the zipper at the back.
[URL="http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534081&cmSource=Search"]Blankeaze[/URL]
[URL="http://www.mookimoo.com/"]another product[/URL]
I agree with the potty training idea. My youngest daughter potty trained herself in one weekend when she was about 20 months old. I wasn't going to even start until she was 3!! My older daughters just kept telling me she was ready to go on the potty, and I kept telling them she was too young. Little did I know...one weekend of going naked around the house and then putting on big girl panties and she was done with the diaper. It AMAZED me!!
Advertisements
Thanks for all the ideas so far.... We have not tried the backwards jammies, but I cut the feet off a pair tonight and tried it out. I guess we'll find out in the morning if it works :) I am also going to try potty training her. This is a hard one for me because I am working a lot and when I am home we don't really stay home. So, I have to get my husband and nanny on board first :)
Thanks everyone! Glad I'm not alone, LOL :)
slugbug0930
DD does this as well (20 months old). She has only taken one poopy one off though.....I think she learned her lesson with that one as she had poo on her hands then stuck her hand in her mouth YUCK! :eek: Let me tell you I had never seen a child want to brush their teeth so badly! She started yelling "TEETH TEETH TEETH!" So now she just takes off with the wet ones and usually just lobs them onto the floor.
The only thing that can stop her is the two piece pj set that snaps together at the waist.....she hasn't figured out the snaps yet. [url=http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/baby/sleepwear/infants/boys/PRD~579063/Carters+Grandmas+Space+Explorer+SnapWaist+Footed+Pajamas.jsp]Carter's Grandma's Space Explorer Snap-Waist Footed Pajamas[/url]
LOL, DD got pretty upset when she stepped in her poo and got it on her foot, unfortunately that didn't stop her. She also took her wet diaper off and chucked it at our nanny hitting her in the face....ooops.:confused: Luckily that was just a wet one, so I don't have to look for a new nanny just yet. :rolleyes:
My 18 month old is just the same.
We use cloth diapers and have found that if we put a snapping diaper or cover on her backwards, she can not get it off. It has to be one with tight snaps. You could try one over top her diaper if you know anyone that uses them and could borrow one.
We've taken to calling our little one "the streaker" - yep - diapers off all the time! I have found that a snap at the crotch onesee really helps.... She can't get to it!! She'll still pull her pants off, but can't get the rest of the way there.....
Good luck!
Advertisements
Update: So far (in two days) she has not gotten her backwards jammies off (or the diaper underneath)! Yeah...I'm so glad I came here and asked! I have also gone from thinking there is no way we can potty train her right now...to thinking she might actually get this. She loves sitting on the potty and talks about what she is doing there. Last night she got off and started peeing on the floor..so I plopped her back on and she got a treat for "making tinkle in the potty." When I left today she was wearing underwear, but only because she wouldn't keep her pullup on. I don't think my nanny is super excited about the potty training....but my husband is all on board.
I'm so glad the backwards jammies worked! What a relief. You never know about the potty training :) My DD shocked the heck out of all of us when she started potty training herself at 22 months. She just kept wanting the diaper off, and she was excited about peeing in the potty so we went with it. Its definitely possible for some kids to PT early. I never would have believed it if I didn't live it! lol I hope your little one surprises you too.
I was having the same problem with my child taking of their diaper and clothes. A friend recommend I try the Little Keeper Sleeper to solve this problem. I'm glad I did because this sleeper works GREAT. Their locking system and non-stretchable made sure my little Houdini could not get out and the long zipper in the back made changing a snap. This sleeper is a sanity saver. I got it from their website [url]www.littlekeepersleeper.com[/url]:banana:
Advertisements
My child was taking off their diaper and clothes too. I was recommended to try the Little Keeper Sleeper to solve this problem. I'm glad I did because this sleeper works GREAT. Their locking system and non-stretchable made sure my little Houdini could not get out and the long zipper in the back made changing a snap. This sleeper is a sanity saver. I got it from their website www.littlekeepersleeper.com:banana:
Thanks Jensmom! So far she hasn't figured out the backwards jammies...but I have marked the website just in case.
The potty training is going better than expected.