Advertisements
Advertisements
I begun my process to become a fost/adopt parent in Nov. 2008. Well we all know what time frame we are presently in and I am frustrated to say that I am still waiting for homestudy approval. I was told that due to the effects of our recession on the department, that all homestudies would be placed on hold. That was in June of 09'. Now I find it even impossible to find who my worker is and no-one returns my calls. I just wanted to know if anyone else out there is in the same situation.
I work in foster care for Sac county. Give me your child's name and I can look in the computer to find out who your worker is.
As far as the stand still, everything in the county is on hold. They are restructuring the whole system as well as laying off workers and transferring other workers. It's the biggest mess you ever saw in your life.
Advertisements
Have you tried going through one of the private foster family agencies in the area. I am in Sacramento too and I can PM you the name of my agency if you want. They have been excellent.