Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I also have a RAD who will call home constantly. Actaully for a while it was the nurse constantly calling me to come pick him up, because he was sick, always at the exact same time. Come to find out he is bored in math (which is good at) and he loves the attention he gets when he fakes sick. He would get attention from the teacher, the aid, the nurse and whomever was in the office. Plus then I would have to come get him and he would have time alone with me. Finally I had to do a couple of things. One I got a note from the doctor that he runs hot. (he was coming in from recess after running around in hot weather and saying he had a fever, plus amputees run hot because they don't have the skin to disperse heat) and then I had to tell the teachers that they had to see the diareah that he claimed to be having. Of course then he came up with pooping in his pants and then peeing a little and smooshing it around to make it look like diareah. (He sat in the backseat of my car one day and explained how to do it to his cousin - busted!)
Anyway, he also has food issues, but they are control and habit issues. He did not eat and lost weight for a long time. Now he eats enough to maintain his weight, he is not growing and not gaining. He has gained only about 2-4 lbs in three years. Right now we are letting it go, but he is way to thin and as he is getting taller eventually it will become an issue again, but he has stopped throwing up and at least eats a few bites each day. So we are letting it go for now to break the throwing up and eating nothing habits.