Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I do put notes in her lunch box and book bag occasionally, so I could make that more routine. Hadn't thought of the picture, though. (Did that when they first came home nearly 5 years ago, but it wasn't long before older two were embarrassed by that and asked me to stop. I still send the encouraging notes, though, now "hidden" in lunch box.) ;)
However, I don't think she's consciously seeking contact with me since she's not asking for me. She's just complaining (on and on, apparently) to teacher who eventually sends her to office to call home. This is the first year she has had phone privileges at school, so maybe it's the novelty? (Her old school would look her over in nurse's office, treat if necessary (ice or band aid) and send her back to class. Calls home were rare, and always by the secretary or nurse, never by my kiddos.
That's why I'm wondering if it's a triangulation thing (kiddo and teacher vs. uncaring Mom), or perhaps just the novelty of being able to call home (she has ALWAYS visited the office numerous times with multiple complaints. Real hurts/cuts she barely notices, though. Typical RADish.) :eek: Or perhaps, as you suggested, increasing attachment (she's my anxious/aggressive attachment kiddo), trying to seek Mom connection? Who knows? AT isn't any help, either. She's of the Dan Hughes, etc. school of thought which means a very painstakingly slow path to healing and rather than trying to figure out the underlying cause of these "symptoms," I'm just supposed to focus on connecting. (Sounds great in theory--not so easy in practice.)