Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know if troy's list is still operational? I have tried to create an account but the link seems dead.
Also, if it's not active, what happened to the info people left on it?
I've been looking for a someone and there is a strong lead on there, but I don't see or can't tell if my info is going anywhere.
Any insight would be greatful.
Lloyd
YES, Troys List IS still operational. If you think you've found a match, the site asks you to give them 5 days to respond. I know someone who was reunited by Troys List just last week. [url=http://www.troyslist.org/main.asp]Troys List[/url]
GOOD LUCK !
Troy's List ??
------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
Does anyone know if troy's list is still operational? I have tried to create an account but the link seems dead.
Also, if it's not active, what happened to the info people left on it?
I've been looking for a someone and there is a strong lead on there, but I don't see or can't tell if my info is going anywhere.
Any insight would be greatful.
Lloyd
Advertisements
Hi! Sorry to bother you, but did that work out for you? I found a match yesterday for me and submitted my info. I'm waiting to hear back. Really curious as to what I am waiting for! Did they call you? Thanks! K
My friend that was reunited in Jan. Got a phone call as did her son but it took I think 5-7 days to hear back from them, Kelly, if your lost person is on troy's list there is a good chance they are somewhere else too. PM me if you need help checking registries or need a list of registries.
kellyd
Hi! Sorry to bother you, but did that work out for you? I found a match yesterday for me and submitted my info. I'm waiting to hear back. Really curious as to what I am waiting for! Did they call you? Thanks! K
I'm sorry but no. It never worked for me. As I look at the people found, I don't see anyone after 1999 listed as found. The become a member never shows any place to enter your info. When I would submit an inquiry it just takes you back to a log in screen.
I also tried the locator, I only bought it for a week. There was nothing there that I didn't already know.
Also there is no secure page (ssl). I did make my payment anyways, against better judgement.
I work on high end websites and this one appears to be very lowend. I'm not sure what there angle is. One can only guess.
To bad too, it seems like a great way to find people. No idea on what is going on with these people claiming to of been united recently. Heck, it doesn't even have an e-mail address to contact anyone, much less a phone number or snail mail address.
Advertisements
Thanks for responding. I got my answer from them this week. I responded to a post that was an adoptee looking for a birthmom. I am a birthmom, and was extremely excited to see all the information match. I sent my match for "review". I got an email a few days later from Susan Friel-Williams saying it was not a match but a duplicate post. I wrote back that I have never posted on Troy's list. Answer was that the lists were pooled from other old registries. She did not explain how the searcher had been switched. She did offer a condecending "you do know you can find your daughter, do you not?". That was in the form of her services. She is a paid searcher and runs quite a few search websites and investigation company in Cape Coral Florida. I do not need to find my daughter- I know where she is, I was just excited to see her interested in finding me, and saw this as an opportunity that she was ready for me to reach out. She is still young. This was- at least for me, a dirty, dirty trick to drum up business. If you flip old posts, those people are obviously searching and would happily pay to solve the mystery, and regain that fleeting blissfull excitement generated from a match. I don't know how one sleeps at night manipulating wounded people to generate a profit. Super Crummy! K
Yes I agree that is crummy. Of course I would use stronger words. I think there are a bunch of "ambulance chasers" on some of the forums.
I agree about it being very low end.
I have the impression that it wants to "fail" so you pay for support of some sort.
I couldn't get much to work on that site but when I ran a search just for a name, town, etc, it said there was no match yet the match comes up everywhere else on the internet I look. (I'm talking about basic white page phone book look ups.)
Kinda got the feeling that it induces the feeling of hopelessness and meant to leave you feeling like you need "professional" fee based help.
IMHO
I am a volunteer search angel here on this forum..There are alot of search angels on here that are here to help and do not charge for their services..Just make sure that when you are speaking with someone, that you know up front that they are volunteer searchers..I do not think that you can be on this forum if you are asking to be paid and you can report the ones that are asking for fees..Yes, there are alot of people that will take advantage of others..But, if I can help any, I will do all I can..
Sandy
Volunteer Search Angel
Advertisements