Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
So....i just got a 1099-misc with about 1/2 what we rec'd in foster per diems. We only fostered 3 kids - no adoptions. How did this resolve last year? No foster parents had to pay/report anything for foster per diems? I hope so! Emailing dcs tomorrow. thx!
Nicole- I got the 1099 last year and in the end the state resent new ones with a $0 amount in it. You should not have to claim/report the foster per diem payments (adoption subsidy is not reportable either!).
Do they ever do anything right the first time around here?? I was being paid the foster per diem for more than half the year last year. finalized adoption in July. I havent recieved the 1099 or the letter .. I did recieve one the prior year and didnt have to put that on any tax forms. just seems like everything they do they have to redact and correct.of course not before it has caused chaos to everyone!!!
We live in Kansas and received one yesterday. Called the number on the 1099 and left a message. I am hoping this gets straighten out and doesn't mess up our *already* filed tax return! :mad: Oh, and the amount isn't even accurate!
Advertisements
No one called me back, but the answering message is now saying it was a mistake and corrected ones will be sent out. Whew! :banana: