Advertisements
Advertisements
Would appreciate any ideas on software to use to make our profile. Looked at smile box but not enough text space.
Thanks
Tracey
We used Microsoft Publisher. Super easy.
Our agency is suggesting to families that they make Wal-Mart or Snapfish memory books.
Advertisements
We did Shutteryfly and loved it! It was super easy and then end product looks great! I think we paid around $27 per hard photo cover book.
we also used shutterfly and loved it the end results. The only downside was that on some templates we couldnt add as many captions as we wanted to...
good luck with your profile!!
Advertisements
Shutterfly is a good idea. It will come out looking just fine on their program (plus you can mess around with it for free until you order the book). I am a big fan of Photoshop Elements but its got a decent learning curve (although its great for scrapbooking after the baby is home;))
I used Publisher, too. Our agency didn't want anything too fancy, or hard bound. They wanted something that they could copy, if need be, in a pinch. I spent a weekend working on it.
Wishing you the best! :)
I used Picaboo. It is very easy to use and seems to have more customizable options than Shutterfly.
I use it now and make little books for the kiddos every few months because I take waaaay too many pictures and it is easy to put a bunch of pictures on a page and make a really nice book.
Advertisements
We used Adobe Photoshop and then had them printed and bound at Kinko's for about $10 a book.
I did ours the old fashioned way, by hand. :D
Personally, I wouldn't waste money on Scrapbook Factory.
For digital scrapbooking, I use Memory Mixer.
But, what you should use depends on what you think you'll use the tool for. If you think you're going to do one book - this profile - and never do another, then don't buy a program. Use one of the online services. Shutterfly and Snapfish seem to be the most popular.
If you think you might want to do more digital scrapbooking, you might want to invest in a program. I like Memory Mixer because it's a dedicated scrapbooking program.
If you're pretty familiar with a program that you already have - InDesign, Photoshop, Paint Shop, even Microsoft Word, then use it.
There are also services that you can use - people who create profiles for you.
I hope this helps!
:hippie:
I did ours the old fashioned way, by hand. :D
Personally, I wouldn't waste money on Scrapbook Factory.
For digital scrapbooking, I use Memory Mixer.
But, what you should use depends on what you think you'll use the tool for. If you think you're going to do one book - this profile - and never do another, then don't buy a program. Use one of the online services. Shutterfly and Snapfish seem to be the most popular.
If you think you might want to do more digital scrapbooking, you might want to invest in a program. I like Memory Mixer because it's a dedicated scrapbooking program.
If you're pretty familiar with a program that you already have - InDesign, Photoshop, Paint Shop, even Microsoft Word, then use it.
There are also services that you can use - people who create profiles for you.
I hope this helps!
:hippie:
We used Scrapbook Factory Deluxe. I thought it was super easy, and our profile came out exactly the way we hoped it would.
Advertisements