Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I live in Texas and have 3 girls. Their father has not had anything to do with them in almost 2 year or paid any child support in over 7 years. I recently went to the child support office in another attempt to try and see if they have had any luck in finding him. Shortly after that appointment, I received a notice in the mail from them saying that they can no longer assist me in trying to locate their father and that I would need to go to court. My husband and I have been together for 4 1/2 years and married for 2 years and he wants to know what we need to do so that he could be able to adopt them. We can not afford an attorney and I feel confident with us doing it ourselves. I just need the right direction or referred to the forums that we will need to do this. Any help would great... :confused:
Thank you,
First of all, CONGRATS to all that have completed their adoption process successfully! Also, this forum has been so helpful, thanks!
Could someone please email the latest forms needed for the following...
Involuntary termination of parental rights (cited by publication)
Adoption of Step Parent
Consent of Minor
Please contact me at sblg777@gmail.com
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!
mommyfirst
This site has been a great help and starting point but I found through my research and help with lawyers that some of the great forms are just a tad bit outdated. They may still work for you (if you've already used them) but I recently worked with a lawyer to get my forms prepared.
Stepparent adoption in Texas can be done Pro Se but with that said, a lot of the great information I found on this site was posted in 2004. Laws are updated every September (so says the Harris Co. District Clerk). So I will be posting all of the current documents/forms and explanations of why they are different than previous posted forms.
Also, to pay respect for all of the initial help I found from other members I will be posting a very detailed, almost fool proof adoption procedure for a Harris County, Texas Stepparent Adoption. (This will work for almost all counties in Texas, but my court addresses and directions will be specific to Harris County).
With all that said I am not a lawyer and the lawyer who helped me, did so as a favor. This is a guide for you to learn more.
:laundry:
mommyfirst can you please email me the forms, I tried to download them but was unsuccesful. Thank You very much in advance.
Advertisements
Hi,
My name is Paul and I am a step-father looking to adopt my daughter. I am so glad I found this site, it gave me a direction to get this done. I only ask if you could send me the forms I need to start the process. I looked for days on different government sites with no luck. I believe you listed 4 different documents, could you please send them to me. It would be greatly appreciated. pmussler@gmail.com
I have an editable pdf file for the entire petition including the affidavits. My concern is what do I leave in the pre written petition and what needs to be deleted in order to be legal and fileable with the courts? Thank you. Also I don't mind emailing anyone the forms if you are in need of them, Thanks!
Hi, I want to file adoption of my step son. Can someone show me what I need to do and forms I need to filled out to file in Denton County, TX?
I need to have his biological dad terminate his right, not sure if he's willing to sign.
Where can I get the forms?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Keith
Advertisements